Most of us now turn to the internet for information. That’s why a website (however basic) is often a good communication tool.
- You don’t need a degree in computer programming to set up a simple website for your club, and you don’t need a big budget either! In fact, you can do it very quickly and for free.
- A website is simply a page or set of pages of information available on the internet.
- Firstly, check if your club already has a website or access to one. Local authorities and governing bodies sometimes have tools on their websites allowing you to post information about your club and any opportunities you might have.
- If you want to build a website for free, head over to Blogger or Wordpress. You can choose your design and start adding information about your club straight away!
- If you have money to spend, then there are lots of companies who can build a website from scratch.
- Keep it simple and remember to include all the key information.
- Think of what information should be on there. List the pages you need and map out how they will be organised.
- Make sure your websites helps people feel welcome to come along to a session for the first time