Helping young sports volunteers play their part
Supporting young people to volunteer in sport is vital to ensure they have a positive experience and remain in volunteering as they get older. Understanding the different motivations young people have for getting involved in sports volunteering will be key to them having a positive experience.
For some, this could include the chance to undertake leadership or coaching qualifications, for others it could be the chance to attend sport development meetings, the chance to be mentored or being recognised for their volunteering efforts.
Find out more
There are many organisations across Wales that can support Young Sports Volunteers to ‘Play their Part’ in school and community sport.
- Your school, college or university
- Your community sports club
- Your local sport development team
- National Governing Bodies of Sport
- Sport Wales including Club Solutions website
- Disability Sport Wales
- StreetGames Wales
- The Urdd
- Wales Council for Voluntary Action (Millennium Volunteers)
- Volunteering Wales
- Youth Sport Trust
- Sports Leaders UK
- Sports Coach UK
Ask your PE teacher or local sport development team for further information.