Planning Your Finances
Managing finances can be a headache for any club, but if you plan ahead, you’ll quickly and easily be able to understand your club’s financial position and commitments, enabling you to plan for future investments and unexpected occurrences
To help you plan your sports club finances, we’re here with plenty of top tips and we’ve even got free planning tools that you can download.
Why Plan Your Sports Club Finances?
If you need further convincing, this is why we think planning your finances is a good idea.
Planning Can Help:
- Support the club in developing its future direction, helping to identify what needs to be done and by when.
- Others to understand the cost of running your club.
- Decide fees to make it affordable for members and participants.
- Track your club’s progress against your plan.
- The club to take action if things go wrong.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Your club to be sustainable in the long term.
Typical plans can help with short and long-term activity such as:
- Strategic plans (long term)
- Reserves Policy (long term)
- Annual budget (short term)
- Cashflow forecasts (both long and short term)
- Capital investment plan (long term)