Disability Inclusion Training
The overall aim of this workshop is to ensure that disabled people get great quality coaching and opportunity within your sport. The six hour session combines a theory with a practical – which really does help to apply information relating to the Sports Inclusion Model and STEPS to an active environment which will give you ideas about how to develop and adapt skill-based activities which are relevant to your sport.
Within the workshop you will cover:
- Perceptions and Experiences
- Good coaching practice and the implications
- Challenges to and solutions for participation
- Key points around legislation relating to coaching and volunteering in sport
- Disability Sport pathways and classification
- Where to go for further help and guidance
- The application of this to a practical environment
This workshop is exclusively for clubs engaged with the insport Club programme. If your club is not currently engaged with the programme but are interested in learning how you can access support in making your club inclusive, please submit your club’s interest here: http://www.clubsolutions.wales/insport-club/
This workshop is part of the Toyota Parasport Fund project in Wales.
Register your free place on this course here:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/79704423075