Club Solutions Assessment Tool
In just 26 simple questions, we can help you and your club committee think about what your club does well, what it doesn’t do so well and areas where it can improve.
Anyone involved in running your club can complete the tool. However, the best results will be achieved when the club gets the right people around the table and completes it as a group. Maybe it can be part of your next committee meeting?
It will focus on:
- Managing Your Club
- Your Club Finances
- Promoting Your Club
- People in Your Club
- Your Facilities
Any questions before you get started?
- How will it help my club?
- Who should complete the Club Solutions Assessment tool?
- Ok, how do I get started?
- How long will it take?
- Once I receive my report, is there any support available to help the club?
- Create your club profile
More about the Club Solutions Assessment Tool
Based on your answers, you’ll receive a solutions report with a red, amber and green rating on topics such as safeguarding young people, volunteers and finances. It will signpost you to relevant information, resources and guidance to help you develop further. You can download the report or share it via email.
To get the best out of Club Solutions Assessment Tool, we recommend you take time to discuss each question and then answer them as honestly as you can. There are no wrong answers – we just want to help you understand the current position of your club and provide suggestions to help you improve.
Who should complete the Club Solutions Assessment tool?
It’s freely available to all sports clubs and organisations across Wales who are looking to sustain, grow or develop their club. We recommend that your club is at least 6 months old or be able to answer YES to the following questions:
- Does your club have a signed constitution or governing document?
- Does your club have a committee with the minimum roles? – chairman, secretary, treasurer
- Does your club have its own bank account?
You can either complete the full 26 questions which will provide you with a comprehensive, tailored report on the club’s progress or, alternatively, you can just complete the themes separately. This is particularly useful for a sub-committee or a committee member that has a particular focus on finance or promotion, for example.
Your club will need to create a profile online to use Club Solutions Assessment Tool. This should take just a few minutes.
Once you have signed in, select a section, read each question and select the answer that best describes where the club is now by ticking the box. If the question is not relevant to your club then click N/A (not appropriate).
It can take as little as 15 minutes or as long as discussions at a committee meeting take to complete. It will depend on how your club decides to complete it and the level of discussion it generates. You can save your responses at any time and pick up where you left off at a later date. You can also download a copy to discuss offline at a meeting if you wish.
The report will signpost you to guidance within the Club Solutions website. You may want to share your report with your local sports development team or National Governing Body of Sport officer to see how they can support you in creating and delivering an Action Plan for improvement.
We recommend you revisit the assessment on an annual basis to see how you are progressing against your actions.
Let us know how you get on?
We’d love to hear what you thought of Club Solutions Assessment Tool. Why don’t you tweet us using the hashtag #ClubSolutionsWales
Ready to get started? Then click here!
Club Assessment Prize Draw.
Terms & Conditions.
- All clubs who have completed a Club Solutions assessment between 1/10/2019 and the 31/10/2019 will be entered into a prize draw. Clubs who have entered before or after these dates will not be included.
- 5 clubs will be drawn at random to win the prize.
- Clubs will be entered if they complete one or more sections of the assessment.
- Clubs will be offered a £100 pre-purchased voucher to spend at their club. This cannot be exchanged for cash of any value.
- All clubs will be notified via the email address provided on the club assessment. If no response is received within one month, the prize will be offered to another club.